Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some frequently asked questions about our home staging services:
What is Home Staging?
The Real Estate Staging Association (RESA) defines home staging as the act of preparing and showcasing residential or commercial property for sale. It is a method in which knowledge of real estate and creative design principles are used to attract potential buyers to owner-occupied or vacant properties.
Isn't staging and decorating the same thing?
Staging is a specific technique designed to target a potential buyer’s interest, while decorating uses a current home owner’s distinct taste and style. The purpose is to attract buyers by creating a fashionable home with a suitable atmosphere without being too specific on theme.
Why should I stage my home?
We feel there are countless reasons to stage your home. Below are just a few of those reasons:
1. You want to make a great first impression – home buyers will develop an opinion on a home within the first minute.
2. You need to capture their interest – buyers typically start their home search with online listings, our goal is to get them from the online listing to the front door. And they’ll stay longer! Research shows buyers will look at a vacant home for about 10 minutes vs a staged home for 40 minutes.
3. Buyers will focus on the features of the home instead of flaws that will show in a vacant home – 82% of homebuyers were more likely to be distracted from flaws or issues of a listing when the house was staged.
4. Simply put, your listing WILL sell faster – research shows that staged homes spend about 73% less time on the market than a non-staged home.
5. Buyers can visualize themselves living in the home. In a 2015 National Association of Realtors Survey, over 81% of buyers said it’s easier to visualize the staged property as their next home. We can make buyers emotionally connect to the home and make it a must have for them.
Can I stage my own home?
Research shows that it is difficult for a homeowner to view their home objectively, because they have an emotional attachment to the space and will stage it according to their own individual style. A professional home stager will view your home as a buyer and assist in making it appeal to a larger range of people.
How much does staging cost?
The price of our services depends on which option you choose. We offer everything from home staging consultations to whole house staging or redesign. Our home staging service prices vary depending on the option you choose, the size of the home and number of rooms to be staged, as well as whether your home is vacant or occupied. We would love to discuss options before coming out to your home and help you choose the most cost effective services.
My home is already on the market. Is it too late to stage it?
It is never too late to stage your home! Of course, the sooner the better to save time and effort, but we have successfully staged homes that have been on the market for months or even years, and then sold within several weeks of staging.